Email Consolidation Project
The objective of the Email Consolidation Project is to:
- Consolidate individual Tasmanian Government Agency email services into a single centrally delivered email service, and
- To establish an identity management platform and service management foundation for the delivery of cost-effective and sustainable common commodity services to government
This will deliver benefits to the Tasmanian Government such as:
- Reduced and avoided costs
- High quality system architecture to safeguard resilience and security
- Better collaboration opportunities across government
- Freedom for Agencies to concentrate on specialist services that no-one else delivers
The project was developed to address unnecessary duplication of email infrastructure, complex licensing arrangements, disparate technical capacity and inefficient use of a limited pool of IT support staff across government.
So far, 6 of the original 12 email systems within government have been consolidated, and the service is operating effectively, delivering services to four government agencies.
The Email Consolidation Project is currently focused on the integration of DHHS to the central identity management platform and the upgrade of the email platform to Microsoft Exchange 2010.
Planning and testing for the consolidation of email services for the Department of Health and Human Services, and the Department of Education is currently underway, with major migrations expected to commence early in 2012.
Please call the TMD Service Management Centre or talk to your TMD Account Manager for more details